Freebasics as the name sounds is a limited internet browsing platform which enables users to browse the internet for free.
By “limited” I mean that not all websites can be browsed for free on freebasics.
Freebasics was created by Facebook to help students and small scale businesses find resourceful informations on the internet without any data subscription,
Freebasics was initially introduced for Facebook use only, but as time went on, some other basic information resourceful websites like wikihow,bing etc were added to it.
However not all websites can be browsed for free on freebasics, its only some basic websites which you found there that can be browsed for free,
websites like google.com, camontech.com, nairaland.com and waptrick.com etc cannot be found on freebasics platform and therefore can’t be browsed for free making it a great disadvantage of freebasics platform.
It is for this reason that some high class web developers created a portal called e-page which will enable users browse other websites on the internet for free through freebasics platform.
BELOW ARE THE STEP BY STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO BROWSE THE INTERNET FOR FREE ON FREEBASICS.
SEARCH AND ADD E-PAGE TO YOUR FREE SERVICES:.
To browse the internet for free on freebasics, first you have to add the website which will serve as the portal that will enable you to browse all websites for free.
E-page is the website/portal through which you will browse other websites for free on freebasics.
Steps To add E-page to your free services,
- On your freebasics dashboard, scroll down to the bottom.
- Click on “Add more free services”.
- Search for e-page through the search bar on the menu that appeared.
- Now, add it to your free services.
If successfully added, e-page will appear on your freebasics homepage,
Now to start browsing the internet for free on freebasics.
- click and open e-page.
- On e-page homepage, you will see proxy 1, proxy 2 and proxy 3, click on anyone among them,preferably proxy 1.
- when the proxy opens, you will see a search bar and some boxes ticked good while some are not ticked, just leave it like that.
- Now type in the web address you want to browse inside the search bar eg www.google.com and click search.
- The website will open normally and you can do whatever you want to do except downloading.
- Congratulations, you’re now browsing the internet for free on freebasics.
You can untick “A2 encoding” from the boxes if you don’t like the appearance of the website you’re browsing.
Note:. This free internet browsing on freebasics is only applicable to mobile networks which supports freebasics.
9mobile sim users will find this more benefiting as there isn’t any limit to their free browsing on freebasics.
Airtel customers has a daily limit of 20mb to use on freebasics, therefore Airtel users won’t be able to use e-page when their 20mb data limit finishes in a day.
Thanks for visiting CamonTech.com
Hope this was helpful?
Share your views by commenting below.
And please share to help others, don’t keep it to yourself, there’s love in sharing.